The world of business and marketing is ever-expanding, and there are plenty of opportunities if you want to work in this domain. For students who want to find their place in the corporate world, the right course of action would be to pursue an MBA degree.
Here are 5 reasons why you should pursue an MBA in Business Analytics and Data Science:
1. Emerging Business Data Roles - As the amount of data collected by business is constantly and rapidly growing, there is a huge demand for Business Analysts and Data Scientists with an MBA degree. They are required to explore, detect, visualize and communicate patterns in data. An MBA in Business Analytics and Data Science would teach you to apply statistical techniques, use softwares to extract usable data, and increase company efficiency with the help of data.
2. Related skills are more valuable - In order to be successful as a business analyst and data scientist, it is important to have a proper understanding of the industry you are working in, knowledge about the domain, understanding essential performance metrics that need to be looked at, as well as the ability to evaluate the objective of the task at hand. Business acumen and communication skills are some of the very integral but non-technical skills required in this field. If you pursue your MBA in Business Analytics and Data Science, apart from the theoretical knowledge, you will also be trained and attested for these skills.
3. Dynamic career options and room for professional development - A career in Business Analytics and Data Science means facing new challenges every day. You learn to operate in and adapt to different environments based on the client’s needs. It requires you to stay in contact with people from various other fields and departments, who have their own unique skill sets and expertise. This allows you to learn about each and every department as well as how the company functions, which helps you to expand your knowledge and makes room for professional development.
4. Career Options - There are plenty of career options available if you choose to do your MBA in Business Analytics and Data Science. From analyst-level positions to business intelligence managers, there are plenty of opportunities available.
Among the career options available some of them are as follows:
5. Future Prospects and Higher Salaries - The demand for business analysts and data scientists is increasing rapidly with each passing day. Since the world is becoming more and more inclined to turn to data for decision making, there is a shortage of professionals skilled in business analytics and data science in the market. As there is a shortage of these professionals in the industry, there is scope for higher salaries as well.
For students who are looking to pursue an MBA in Business Analytics and Data Science in Kolkata, there aren’t too many colleges that are well-equipped to teach this course. However, among the colleges that do have the option for an MBA in Business Analytics and an MBA in Data Science in Kolkata, Bengal Institute of Business Studies (BIBS) is one of the top MBA colleges that is well suited to handle this course.
At BIBS, we focus on the holistic development of students. Not only do we focus on theoretical teaching, but emphasis is also placed on the practical application of the lessons. Our college has several collaborations with places like NEN and TiE in order to develop entrepreneurial talent by providing training and incubation support for promising start – ups of the students.
We offer weekly interactions with the corporate world, and also have exchange programs with institutes like MIDS, Singapore. The program has been designed in collaboration with IBM with subject experts from IBM teaching students and offering globally valid certifications. At BIBS, we have a very efficient Placement cell and we have had over 400+ companies come to our college for recruitment, of which 10% of the MBA batch receives international placements every year.